Slingshot Presents: The Top 5 Reasons We Power Our Work With Cereal
Cereal. It’s the great unifier. It brings us together around the breakfast table, fuels our day, feeds our minds and is pretty much universally appreciated for its ability to take us back to a simpler time. Except, of course, for the fact that most of us don’t take the time to actually sit down and enjoy a bowl of our favorite flakes in the morning before we head off to work.
Well, at Slingshot, that’s simply not good enough. Around here, there’s always time for cereal. It’s why the Cereal Bar exists*. Here are the top five reasons we power our work with cereal.
5. “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”
- Your Mom
4. “I would have to face the WHOLE day on an empty stomach, which makes me hangry. NOBODY likes it when I’m HANGRY!!!”
- Suzanne Lara, Creative Resources Manager
3. “Milk mustaches count for a lot around here—particularly when you’re just coming up in the world as a copywriter. You see guys like Jimmy Flores, with their Burt Reynolds-caliber milk-staches and think, man, that could be me some day.”
- Brian Denison, Copywriter
2. "Me without the Cereal Bar would be like a turtle without its shell. Lost, confused, lonely and contemplating life."
- Carly Sedberry, Account Coordinator
1. “Just because Ryan Gosling won’t eat his cereal doesn’t mean we shouldn’t.”
- Dan “I’m still bitter he didn’t have more lines in Drive” Sipes, Senior Account Executive
As you can see, cereal is a big part of Slingshot’s recipe for success. And just as there are many different types of cereal, we have all kinds of talented flakes up in this cereal bowl we call Slingshot. (Metaphorical flakes.) Over the next few months, stay tuned to our ongoing Slingshot Snapshot series, in which we will shine a spotlight on our team members and force them to answer such hard-hitting questions as: “If eating All-Bran for every meal for the rest of your life would bring peace to the world, would you do it?"
Until then, feel free to give us a shout on Twitter (hashtag #SlingshotCereal) and help us settle this age-old question once and for all: Is it okay to drink the milk out of your friend's bowl once they've finished their cereal? Yes or no: You tell us!
* A special shout out here goes to the queen bee of our Cereal Bar, Donna Endriukaitis, who always keeps our cereal stocked for us. Thanks Donna!!
Posted Tue, Sep 15, 2015 by Slingshot